Saturday, March 5, 2011

My High School Boyfriends


These are both images from my high school photography portfolio and they are portraits of my first boyfriends. I fell in love with the boy hugging the cross, he was a grade younger than me but we had p.e. at the same time. We were 16 and 17. I saw him one day and couldn't stop thinking about him. I stalked him. I learned who his friends were and which of them I had access to and before I knew it I was a part of his small clique. It happened one afternoon when there was 8 or 9 of us jammed into a car going somewhere. There were 6 of us in the back seat. He had one window, I had the other. There were three people in between us and one person across all our laps. The car was packed, hot and the music was loud. My arm went across the back seat, my hand resting so close to his head-to his hair. I touched it. I guess I kept touching it and didn't notice that he reached up to scratch his head, he grabbed my hand and held it. I was freaking out. It was total electricity. I confided in the boy at the broken window who confessed to loving me. We shagged. I wanted practice for when I had my boy, I really kind of threw him under the plow.  

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet story (i saw it happen in my head as i read this) & what a babe! i so wish i could've known all my dear friends when they were high schoolers- with that sheen of baby-ness and survival tactics to us all. xox

    ReplyDelete