Friday, January 28, 2011

Portrait by Jim Winters



Jody Jock
water soluble crayon on paper
30"x30"
2011
Jim And I met on January 7th, 2011 to make portraits of each other. I have a few funny stories from that day. We met at the penthouse apartment of one of my clients who had been in the hospital all week. I was expecting my client to be released from the hospital on Sunday, it was Friday and I had business there that day anyway. I moved furniture around in the bedroom, set up mirrors and lights, Dressed Jim in one of my clients bed shirts and started shooting. Needless to say my client came home just as we were getting started. I met him just inside the front door and looked him square in the eye and said "I'm doing a photo shoot in your bedroom." My client politely retired to a restaurant telling me he was glad that I was comfortable enough to do a shoot in his house. I went back into the bedroom and Jim and I looked at each other like two kids who just got caught kissing. I had told Jim my client 'was out of town'. . . I never get away with this shit, I always get caught but in the end I'm always glad I took the opportunity. 

1 comment:

  1. that portrait is fucking beautiful- captures your foxy sweetness & bright-eyed braininess gorgeously. wanna go dancin' tomorrow night? cat club says they'll be playin deee-lite...xox

    ReplyDelete